NTN Registration for Business
Benefits of Registered Business on FBR
There are several benefits to registering for National Tax Number (NTN) as a business in Pakistan. Some of these benefits include:
- Legal compliance: NTN registration is mandatory for businesses that are earning taxable income. Registering for NTN ensures that your business is in compliance with tax laws and regulations in Pakistan.
- Access to banking services: Many banks in Pakistan require businesses to have an NTN in order to open a business bank account, apply for loans, or perform other financial transactions.
- Government contracts: Many government tenders and contracts in Pakistan require businesses to have an NTN in order to bid or participate in the procurement process.
- Credibility: Registering for NTN as a business can help establish your business’s credibility and legitimacy in the eyes of customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Tax refunds: Businesses that are registered for NTN are eligible to receive tax refunds if they have overpaid their taxes or if they have a tax credit balance.
- Tax exemptions: Certain businesses in Pakistan may be eligible for tax exemptions or incentives, such as the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Development Authority’s tax holiday scheme, which provides a five-year exemption from income tax for eligible SMEs.
Overall, NTN registration can provide several benefits to businesses in Pakistan, including legal compliance, increased credibility, and access to financial services and government contracts.
NTN Registration for Business
In Pakistan, National Tax Number (NTN) registration is mandatory for businesses that are earning taxable income. To register for NTN as a business, you need to follow these steps:
- Obtain a copy of your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or National Tax Number Certificate (if you already have one).
- Visit the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) website (https://iris.fbr.gov.pk/public/txplogin.xhtml) and click on “Registration for Unregistered Person” or “Online NTN/STRN Registration”.
- Fill out the online registration form with your business information, including your business name, business type, contact details, and ownership details.
- Provide the necessary documents, such as your business registration certificate and proof of address.
- Submit the completed form and wait for an email notification from FBR containing your NTN.
After you receive your NTN, you will need to file your tax returns and pay taxes on your business income. You may also be required to obtain a Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) if you are engaged in sales activities or providing taxable services.
It is important to note that failure to register for NTN or file your tax returns in Pakistan can result in penalties and fines, so it is recommended to comply with tax regulations to avoid any legal consequences. It is also recommended to seek the assistance of a tax consultant or accountant to ensure that your business is in compliance with tax regulations.
IF YOU CREATE NTN THEN PLEASE FILL THIS REQUIREMENT:
- Color copy of CNIC
- Rent agreement/ownership docs of Office premises
- Latest paid electricity bill
- Phone Number with Connection Name
- Email address (Gmail)
Complete this Process with in 1 – 2 Days